Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cupcakes and Sleep

Decorating the cupcakes!

Yay! I get to use my new desert holder!

Spring Sprinkles!
So my plan to get myself to bed by 10:30 sunday night failed miserably! Even after turning on a sound wave relaxation cd on my mp3 player and speakers in my bedroom, and taking a sleep aid, I laid awake sunday until 1:30a.m. So basically after getting up at 6:00a.m. I was fighting off falling asleep in my first photography class, though it seems really awesome and I can't wait to learn how to take better pictures!

I then went to my first higher level fiction writing class of the day, only to find my three group of girls I was always paired with in my last class, were not taking this class, and I had to work with a group of people I had never read allowed to before. We had to write a short story based upon a kidnapping. Mine had good intentions, but failed to deliver. I was so nervous to read something I had written that was completed and wasn't edited, that my hand could hardly scroll down the page of my macbook while I attempted stumbling over my own shaky nervous voice while reading out loud a story that I plan to delete completely.

Then, I went to my first spanish 103 class, and luckily, I convinced a girl who also lost her set of friends due to the fact that the only needed two spanish classes for their major, to move over to my side of the room. She is such a sweetheart, but I didn't want to sit over by the window where I could easily daydream the class away that I really need to pay attention in! Later, I'm going to make some flash cards and learn the basic human body parts and how to say something isn't well with your body in Spanish. We are going to play Simon says tomorrow, so we have to know our body parts! I am thinking clip art is about to come in handy while making my flash cards! ;)

Now for last night. Well, this morning really. I allowed myself to stay up until 12 getting things done e-mail wise and such. Then at 1:00a.m. someone decided to begin doing their laundry. I live in an apt. building where the walls are shared between other tenants. The laundry room is shared with everyone in the building. Our walls are super thin, and we have a drop ceiling that allows much light and noise to seep through the cracks. It's bad enough that I have to hear the drunken people yell outside to one another on the streets at all ours of the night, listen to the people on my floor slam their doors and stomp up and down the stairs and through the hallway, yelling and laughing loudly to one another not matter what time of night or how early in the morning. They really have no respect at all for the fact that someone just might be trying to sleep! If that wasn't annoying enough to deal with on a regular basis, we also are located right next to the laundry room. We must be the only people who can hear the dryer buzz. If someone doesn't come and take their clothes out, it just keeps running and buzzing over and over again. There is not time limit. It will go for hours! Last night, the dryer was going from 1a.m.-4:30a.m. and I couldn't sleep at all with the banging of whatever they had in there, and buzzing. I was already sleep deprived from the night before, but now I am just flat out nonfunctional! I heard someone check their laundry at 3:00a.m. and when I tried to run out and catch them before they went down the steps, I ran into my bedroom door and now have a giant bruise and welt on my arm from the door! Ouch! Then I stubbed my toe on the door as well. Pitch black and sleep deprived is a bad combination! lol. But I wasn't laughing last night. I was crying because I was so exhausted and I just wanted to sleep!

I wrote to my land lord and asked if we could have a time limit on when people can do their laundry until at night. I wish I was one of those people who could sleep through anything. It would make living here so much easier. But it's also a gift because when I was younger I awoke to glass breaking in my family home as a child and prevented someone from breaking in our house. So being able to sleep like a rock isn't always the best thing.

On a good note, I got a Victoria Secret order in the mail today, and I am wearing my new black cropped pokadotted yoga pants, and I plan on working out some of this frustration. I also decided to bake some cupcakes today to make me feel better. They are cute spring cupcakes with pastel wrappers and confetti sprinkles. Well, time to work out. Hopefully tonight, I can get some sleep!

No comments:

 

Actually, Ashlie | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012