Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finals Weekend

This is the doormat for the sorority girls who live across the hall from me.
This really explains it all!

At this moment, I am listening to girls stomp up the steps in my apartment building, as they loudly talk to one another right outside my apartment door. The apartment across the hall from me is home to three sorority girls. Though they have been sweet after my boyfriend and I have had to talk to them a couple of times about being quiet when they come in drunk at 2:00 in the morning, stomping up the steps and yelling at each other being drunken girls, they still continue to be loud. I know what you're thinking. I sound like an old hag. The thing is, I'm about to be 26. I'm so over the going out to the bars and getting drunk faze.

I get it though. I've been there. I had some fun times, did some stupid things. But now, I want a peaceful study environment when I am trying to study and do my homework. I want to get a good nights sleep before I have to take a test the next day. It's now 12:19 a.m. I can hear the girls in their apartment across the hall. I really want to be able to get enough sleep tonight pretty soon so that I can manage to get up for church tomorrow. I haven't been to church in a while, and I am actually in the mood to go. (That's a story for another day)

There's more to this though. I really am becoming disappointed by the way some young adults can be so disrespectful. I know everyone is raised differently in different circumstances, but when you hit your 20's, it's time to grow up. It's time to act like an adult. I'm really seeing that 20 something year olds are just as bad as teenagers. We think we have everything figured out. But we don't. I just wish the people in my building were a bit more respectful. Ya know, throw their drier sheets in the trash can provided instead of on the floor in the laundry room. It would be nice if they could just empty their lint out of the lint trap so I don't have to do it every time I go to put my stuff in the dryer, get their stuff out of the machines so other people can do their laundry, talk a bit quieter in the hall at 3a.m. I just know that as a young adult, my mom stressed the importance of being quiet when I came in late a night. I don't care what they do, as long as it's not keeping me up the night before a final exam! This is my finals week coming up, and I pray to God they let me sleep this week!

There has been something else on my mind lately.

I guess that's one of those things you learn in life as you grow older. In your 20's people drift away. Sure, I'm going to make friends with people in other stages of my life, and that's just how it goes. But there are still days that I miss when I was younger, and my girlfriends and I were closer, (even when they were seeing someone). I am with my boyfriend, and I love him with all of my heart. But I think having your girlfriends in your life is important too. 

For now, I count down the days when I can move out of this apartment building full of undergrads, no longer living next to a train track, no longer living across the street from two bars. The days when I can study without having to hear drunk obnoxious people shout at each other, and sorority girls stumble up the steps right next to my living room, yell in the hallway right outside the wall of my bedroom, I will be a much happier woman. I can't wait to start apartment hunting in the next couple of weeks. Finding a better place for next year just might give me a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe I won't have to share a washer and drier anymore either! Oh, to be able to do my laundry whenever I please, and not be woken at 3a.m. when someone else decides to do theirs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Speak it girl!!! I enjoyed starting to read this! Can't wait to read on! Love ya!

Ashlie said...

YAY! Thanks for commenting! I will at least write once a week, if not more. Just depends on if I have anything interesting enough to write about! :)

 

Actually, Ashlie | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012