Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Quarter Begins (and a bit about my college history)

Tomorrow begins my first day of classes for my Spring quarter! I'm 25 years old but yet it never fails that I get nervous before my first day of classes! I also just realized that I don't know where my classes are yet! My first new class is photography. It fulfills one of my art requirements for my major. I get to bring my brand new camera I got for x-mas from my Dad! Yay! I need to learn how to really use it anyways! My second class is a higher level fiction writing class than the one I had last quarter. I'm super excited for it because I will actually be starting to write a novel in this class that I have been wanting to write for a while now! My third class is Spanish 103! I can't believe it! I'm so nervous to find out how much harder this class will be! I managed to get an A in the first two spanish classes, but I am so nervous for this one! I really want to keep my g.p.a. up! I got all A's last quarter and I'm so excited about doing better than I did during my first quarter at OSU! It just goes to show me that Dental Hygiene wasn't my thing!
(This is why I am still in college at 25)

I originally was in the Dental Hygiene program, and I really didn't like it! I'm not very good at having to see other people's blood all the time. Most people don't floss, so they bleed when they get their teeth cleaned. I couldn't stomach it! That would be why I never wanted to go to nursing school! Also, I'm sort of a shaky person and I was scared to be poking around in people's mouths with sharp tools! At the end of my first year, I decided I didn't want to be a hygienist anymore, and I went back to Kent State and started using the classes and I had already taken and put them towards completing a bachelors in English.

Once My b/f began attending Law School two hours away from where I was going to school, I was in a long distance relationship. We drove back and forth on the weekends for about a year. We moved in together the next summer to see how we felt about living together and taking our relationship to the next step. It was then we decided we couldn't go another year apart. So I transferred so we could be closer.

Now, we are living together in an apartment. We (I) have two hermit crabs (we are not allowed to have real pets lol) and one beta and a golden loach. We have had quite a bit of trouble with fish tanks. The one I bought because the light in the middle changed colors, did not have a filter, and was only a 3 gallon tank. So, I apparently had too many fish in it, and they died. Not a good day. I mean they literally all died in one day. My heater did go crazy that night and got up really high to like 85 in the middle of the night, so that could have been what did them in, but the guy at the pet store said you are only supposed to have an inch of fish to every gallon of water. Basically my 3 inch long golden loach would have been the limit, and from the pictures in past posts, I had more than just him/her. So now, all I have is my beta and golden loach in a little beta tank. My beta is new. I got him while I was home on spring break.
He's the prettiest Beta I have ever had!

My new pretty Beta!
                                      
My big hermit crab-His name is Spike :)


Spike and Brownie live here. 



It's officially time for me to go to bed now! I have to make myself get to bed by 10p.m. so I can try to get eight hours of sleep. I think I'm going to try and get up at 5:45 tomorrow and leave by 7:30a.m. I'll try this time frame out and go from there! Wish me luck on my first day back! :) Goodnight!

No comments:

 

Actually, Ashlie | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012