Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When on Wednesday you discover "Ten on Tuesday" go ahead and write about it.

1. How many blogs do you read every day and what are they? (I’m talking the ones you NEVER miss)
I have one guilty pleasure of reading a friend's blog because I can only live vicariously through her. Besides that, I bounce around with random blogs I find, and have a few favorites that I follow, but I don't make an effort to read them often, it's merely when I'm bored. (A.K.A. putting off homework, working out, or cleaning) 

2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
At this point in my life I have 3 best friends.
#1. My boyfriend (cliche I know) but it's the truth. Your significant other should be your best friend.  He is always there for me. He can make me feel better if I'm having a bad day. My life really wouldn't be the same without him.  He keeps me grounded and brings out the best in me. Not to mention, we have fun too. :) 
#2. My Mom (cliche again...I know.) But...she is always just a phone call or text away. She is the one I ask advice from, and she loves me no matter what as well. I wouldn't be who I am today without her, and she has done so much for me. 
#3. My bff Jenna. She is the only one who really keeps in touch with me since I moved away from my hometown. I have other friends, but these days, she is my only best friend. That's okay with me. People change and grow apart with time and distance. That's just life. I have had many other super close friends in the past that were people from high school, work, college and neighbors. But friendships change as life changes. It's convenient to be close with people in similar stages of life. The fact that I am still in College right now puts me on a different level than a lot of my friends who are moving on to other fazes of life. They have graduated, are getting engaged, married, having babies. I am no where near any of that yet, and won't be for over a year at least. I should graduate next spring if all goes well. But everything else, is a long way off. I have to find a job first when I graduate, and save up some money, pay bills, find a house or apt. Marriage and children come after financial stability. Wedding's aren't cheap. But back to my bff, we have been through so much together and she is the only one who really knows me for me and loves me for who I am. Having even just one best friend is a blessing. Girl time is a must.  Besides, Ross and my mom hate shopping! lol (I promise I love her for so much more than that though!

3. What’s your daily make up routine?
Eyeshadow, foundation, sometimes cover up and puffy eye cream, (I never get enough sleep) powder, mascara, sometimes eyeliner (at night). Most of my eyeshadows have a dark color for eyeliner. Bronzer, blush, and lipstick

4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
Shopping, Chick flick, come home and eat snacks and get in the hot tub, and drink wine. 

5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
As of this moment, my pedicure is chipping (darn) they are a bit pricey so I don't get them done very often. In the summer I paint my own toes more, but only during flip flop season. I paint my nails when I'm in the mood. Normally I stick to it at the beginning of a new season, (I love the new colors) then I end of getting sick of the chipping, so I go natural again for a while.

6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?
Well...Ross is my first roommate, and it's great. My best story is the nights we had to pull the futon mattress out from the office and sleep on the floor in the living room because the neighbor decided to do his laundry until 4a.m. and our bedroom is right next to the laundry room, and once it stops, it buzzes every five minutes until the owner of the clothes comes to take them out. So basically, it's like an alarm clock going off every five minutes. (Ross bought me earplugs after that night). But then the people outside at the bar on the street below were so loud, we moved back and fourth between all three rooms until the neighbor took his clothes out at 4a.m. and Ross put up a nice little sign asking our neighbors not to do laundry till all hours of the night. (I had to be at class at 8a.m. the next day. not a happy tenant) 

7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
My favorite Gap jeans I got for free at a gap jeans party! (Yes free!) They fit like a glove and are straight legs and a dark wash. I love to wear them with boots. Whatever boots match my shirt that day. My go to is my closet full of different colored t-shirts. I am awful at putting together outfits, so I throw on a matching scarf or necklace, and there I go. Someone, feel free to show me to Stacie and Clinton. I would love $5,000 worth of stylish clothes. I really am attempting to dress more stylish, but then I reach in a take out a blue t-shirt. (sigh)

8. Do you have a beauty secret?
Under eye concealer is my miracle worker for never getting enough sleep. Besides that I would only suggest exercise. I feel the prettiest when I have been working out. I feel like my stomach is flat, and I don't have to worry about a roll hanging over my jeans when I'm sitting in class. There is no way around it. If you eat like crap, and don't work out, good luck feeling confident about your body. You have to eat right and exercise. I promise if you do you will feel better about yourself. Then you have to keep it up. (Not easy I know) But I'm just saying, that's when I feel my best. 

9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
Yes I did, and after reading a friend's response to this answer, (she was blessed to be forbidden to read them in fear of developing a body image issue). I wish I had been banned from reading them. I have always been obsessed with my appearance, and have always longed to look like models in magazines. In my freshmen year of College I took a Speech class where I researched the way the Media affects women, and let me just say, it affects us big time! It's hard to remember to tell ourselves that those pictures are majorly cropped and edited and we can't actually look like the models in the photographs. How could young girls not yearn to look that way? They set us up for a lifetime desire of the products they advertise in between their pages to make us believe we just might be able to achieve that perfect appearance. Just maybe, if we could look like them. So yes, I read them, and I wish I hadn't. I was always left feeling I was falling short of perfection, with an image that was cropped using a computer. What's on the outside will only get you so far in life. Being a well rounded person is a much better goal.

10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
I followed the methods of my girlfriends in High School and watched what my mom did. I also had an almost older step brother who's girlfriend helped me do my make-up in High School. But when I was older, I sold Mary Kay for a while, and learned a more mature method to makeup. 


and now, it's time for me to look over my assignment for my photography so Ross doesn't freak out any longer that I have been procrastinating by writing all evening. (and looking for a camera strap cover) (sigh) I did at least exercise tonight and purchase my portfolio for my class. Progress.

No comments:

 

Actually, Ashlie | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012