Saturday, July 9, 2011

A trip home to Ohio for the 4th of July! Part 1. Full of pictures

     Last weekend my boyfriend and I took advantage of the four day weekend to drive home to visit our family and friends for the 4th of July weekend.

     The hills of West Virginia make for a long, windy, hilly trip home. The view is beautiful, but kind of scary turning with a giant drop a foot away from your car.

Most of the drive looks like this.


Lots and lots of turns and lots and lots of trucks.




I've never really been afraid of heights before, but going over bridges with miles of space below you, yikes!




First, we got to go home and stay at my Mom's house. We surprised her by coming home a day early.


Pretty sunset on the drive home.


 My uncle was in town from Texas and we got to meet his girlfriend who cooked an amazing authentic Mexican dinner for us. We had a little get together with other family and friends and had a nice time visiting. 


My aunt's dog Mia spent the day with us. She's so precious!


We had a great little fire going at night. Who wants smores?


Day 2. To Be Continued. Many more pictures to come!

2 comments:

Pamela Norfolk said...

Miss you lady! hope all is well!! I just updated my blog too- You will have to check it out!!

http://pammyn.wordpress.com/

Ashlie said...

Hey Pam! I will definitely check out your blog! Thanks for reading mine and commenting! :)

Ross and I are doing our best to enjoy summer in West Virginia. I am just staying busy with my summer classes. I can't wait to come home at the end of the summer! I would love if we could get the girls together before summer is over! I'll be home the middle of August!

I hope you are having fun planning the wedding!

 

Actually, Ashlie | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012